Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy 11th Birthday!!!!

To my sweet, precious daughter.....11 years ago today you officially made me a mother, but I felt like your mother from the first day I learned you were growing inside me. We had waited so long for you, longed for you, prayed for you, anticipated you. Your birth day was a joyous day, finally meeting you for the very first time! We made all the anxious relatives wait a while longer in the hospital waiting room as we basked in your newness, delighted in all your tiny perfect features, and whispered our love over you. Those moments are forever etched in my memory and my heart.

You have brought us such joy! The last 11 years have not been without their challenges, but I absolutely love being your mommy, and I absolutely love you. I know that growing up is sometimes hard (as being grown up is sometimes hard) but your life is such a precious gift, and I treasure each year, each day with you. I love you as many as the stars. And I will always love you no matter what.

Today ~




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like a really fun party!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

awwwww what a sweet blog!

i am a little curious about the cake... angelfood?

Pam said...

votemom: Yes, it was an angelfood cake, her request this year. I don't know why it smooshed down on one side, but it was still delicious!

votemom said...

i'm so glad you had such glorious weather on saturday!