Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Today's little daily things

Tonight was a MOPS night. Great speaker and great topic, "Media and your children". I was immediately convicted that my hubby and I watch too much tv. We are pretty good at limiting our children's viewing, but we don't limit ours as much. Something to work on!

Our CD player stopped working a few days ago so our son who has SPD has not had listening therapy at home since then. This is our third CD player that has broken (in about 5 years). I usually buy the cheapest one at Target, but I'm tired of them breaking so I may have to spring for a more expensive one. Actually I would love to buy him a personal CD player so he can wear it in his little CD player fanny pack (which came with the headphones) and be mobile while he's listening.

My hubby's glasses broke today. The earpiece broke off the stem. I told him he'd have to be a geek until next payday and wear his glasses with tape around the break. He smiled at me and said he's be a geek for a lot longer than that! (he's a really cute geek though). His big deadline at work was extended another week (by the client) so this is his big push week. Hopefully he can get everything wrapped up by Saturday and enjoy Easter.

We did history in the van today. We are reading about the French and Indian war. I read while the children colored. Yes, the van was parked. :-)

Little Man stayed dry through Tiny Tots at church this evening. Yay! He seldom goes at church, so I have to take him potty right before we leave the house and then again as soon as we get home. He was very excited about getting a big plastic egg full of jelly beans from his Tiny Tots teacher.

I am trying to plan our day on Friday. We don't have co-op and aren't doing school at home. I'm torn between doing some fun outing with the kids, or some kind of activity that focuses on Christ's sacrifice. Maybe we can do both? Any ideas?

3 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

On Good Friday we usually find an ecumenical Stations of the Cross -- some churches even have hands-on versions. I'll take the kids to the Stations I put up at Lake Murray (our EV Free Church) which is just Scripture and copies of Old Masters' paintings of the events of Christ's last days, from the Garden to the Cross. We'll also attend an ecumenical Stations at noon that is held outside ... five churches are taking part with praise choruses sung as we walk from one cross to the next. Another church in our area used to have a hands-on Stations where we could smell the perfume poured on Jesus, pound the judge's gavel, feel the huge nails in the cross (and take one home with us), and get our hands stamped with "paid in full" as we left. It was very cool. Then we'll go to the Good Friday service at Lake Murray in the evening.

Pam said...

Susanne,

Actually our own church has a wonderful hands on stations of the cross, but I think I would need to take each of our children separately for it to have much of an impact (well, I could take the older two together, but probably the others separately). If my hubby is available to watch some at home, I would like to do that. We live very close to our church so it would be easy to come and go a few times. We are also attending our Good Friday service in the evening. I love the "paid in full" hand stamp! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Do you have access to the book Benjamin's Box? We used to read that book and make our own Resurrection Eggs, like a scavenger hunt.
Blessings,
Laurie