Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday

We are having an awful time adjusting to daylight savings time, anyone else having that problem? It's only an hour, but for some reason our bodies just haven't caught on yet. We allowed ourselves to sleep in today and start school late in the morning. Luxury!!

We had a pretty good day in school today. Not super great, but not super bad. Daughter and I had a WONDERFUL writing lesson. Somehow during late fall/winter I let our IEW (Institute for Excellence in Writing) slide. Ummm, I think it was because I didn't finish watching the dvd's so I had nothing new to teach the kids (insert wry smile here). My friend Laurie went through her IEW notebook with me while we were in Dallas and amazingly, through my sleep deprived fog, something clicked!! (thanks Laurie!) So I re-implemented it today, teaching 2 new dressups, and G wrote a really great paragraph about life on a southern plantation. I was actually kindof blown away by how creative she was at putting her dressups into the paragraph. So that was really encouraging! I now have a plan and a vision for her writing for the rest of the year, and I'm excited about that!

My hair desperately needs to be colored, but I have to wait 3 more weeks. We're talking waaaaay more than the roots now. I actually measured about an inch and a half of gray this morning! Fortunately I have curly hair so it's not quite so noticeable. Also fortunately, I am tall. This is probably a good lesson in humility. Of course, it would show greater humility if I had said nothing, so I'm obviously not there yet. :-)

I hung a Happy Easter yard flag today. It is flapping gently in the breeze above 5 inches of snow. I am so ready for spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea on the writing assignment!!! I am so sleepy, ever since arriving home from Dallas. I even slept in Sunday, because I knew I couldn't spring forward. I am fighting sleep this very minute! LOL I am trying to get through an IEW lesson right now. My dc need more practice on banned words so they are having a blast looking up stronger verbs right now. After that, I think the zzzzzzzzzs are going to take over!
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

So sometime we could have a contest to see who has the longest grow-out!! I feel your pain - don't worry; I don't have that kind of humility either:)
Anyway, hope you can get caught up on sleep and I am SO glad you had such an awesome time in Dallas. Yea!
Love you, Rosie