Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

As most of you probably know, there was a total lunar eclipse last night. We let our children stay up until 10:00 and then we bundled up and went out to our back patio to observe this amazing phenomena! I snapped a picture of it with my little digital camera from Sam's Club....this is on no flash and really required a tripod. It looks like two moons since I wasn't able to hold completely still! I was zoomed all the way in. Isn't the red color amazing?


After the children were in bed, my husband got out the tripod and tried again. Here is the moon, still two thirds covered by earth's shadow.

Very, very cool! And I'm so glad we didn't have to get up at 6:30 or 7:00 this morning for school! :-)

3 comments:

votemom said...

my family went out to watch too. i was already VERY cozy in my bed and opted out. so, thanks for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing because I was also VERY cozy in bed and opted out! I felt bad but was just too cold and snuggly to get out of bed and go out. Thankfully it was just Y or else I would have felt very very guilty for not seeing it with the kids. Btw, thanks for posting pics!

Pam said...

Were you both cozy in bed watching Idol???