Monday, January 21, 2008

Laid Back Sunday

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity." ~ Psalm 133:1

I love this picture! The 4 boys were all playing with K'nex after lunch on Sunday with no arguing, no fighting over pieces, no loudness of any kind. They were sharing so nicely, I decided to snap a picture to remind me of our goal. :-)

My hubby stayed home from church with a fever and body chills/aches, and when we got home he was still sleeping. My plan was to watch the NFL divisional championship games in front of a nice roaring fire, and keep the children entertained downstairs so that hubby could sleep. But I could not manage to get a nice fire going without smoking out the whole house. Every once in a while, on windy days, we have this problem. I ended up having to put the smoldering logs outside on the cement patio, and then we bundled up together on the couch while we waited for the embers to go out so I could close the flue! It was c-c-c-c-c-c-old! Fortunately my boys were in a snuggling mood. When hubby woke up we moved this snuggle fest up to our bedroom and watched the games up there where it was much warmer! The boys went to bed before the Giants/Packers game was over and they all told me to tell them who won as soon as they woke up today. Perhaps I will get one or two football fans out of this family yet.

L with his K'nex movie camera on tripod.

C woke up this morning at 4:00 and never went back to sleep. Several of us have headaches and lethargy today. I think there is a virus that very much wants to move in. Hubby is feeling a bit better today though, and I'm hoping the rest of us can fight this virus off.

5 comments:

Lona said...

So sorry to hear that you have sickness in the house.

You do have a carbon monoxide detector, don't you?

Just a random, mom-worry thought.

I've prayed for health for you.

Anonymous said...

You look so nice and snuggly on the couch! I hope everyone is healthy today!

Anonymous said...

Praying for y'alls health!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

GOOD and PLEASANT indeed! amen!

Pam said...

Lona:

Yep, we do have a carbon monoxide detector! And everyone is feeling better after lots of sleep (me especially). Even my hubby is all better. Thanks for the prayers!