Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

We had a wonderful start to 2008 because my dad and a good friend were visiting us from out of state. We had such a wonderful time with them!! We did go to a historical museum one day, but mostly hung out at home and soaked up every moment together. Here are me and my dad watching the bowl games on New Year's Day. I love football, and have good memories of watching it with my dad on Sunday afternoons when I was little. It was really great to watch the games with another football lover!

My friend Marcie, who lives in England, made us an english dessert one night called "Sticky Toffee Pudding." It was fabulous!! She was a great help in the kitchen and I have to say that was really delightful! I'm not used to finding the dishes done by someone else. It's something I managed to get used to really quickly. :-)


Grandpa and his grandson G at the historical museum.


Our children had not seen Aunt Marcie for 3 years, but they warmed up to her very quickly. C cuddled with her while watching a new video one of them got for Christmas, VeggieTales "The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's".

Playing "Sneaks" together. Fun game!!

Notice this snowman's feet.

Our son A with his cousin Cody.


With Marcie's help we were able to finish our traditional Christmas puzzle in record time. And despite 8 little cousins running around and accidentally destroying the puzzle numerous times, we are only missing one piece!


Dad and Marcie left tonight. I am sad. But I'm happy for my mom who has been a little bit lonely. And I'm grateful for 5 days with my loved ones!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great seeing photos of your Dad and Marcie! I am so glad you had a wonderful time with them. I wanted to call at one point or stop by to see your Dad and meet Marcie but I didn't want to intrude on what little precious time you had with them.
I know it must have been very sad to see them go!
Did you start school today? I started just a little.
Love ya,
Sally

Anonymous said...

Great pictures as always! I'm so glad that you were able to soak up every moment together and have great family fun (and get pampered a little too). I'm so sorry that they had to go and pray that you are able to see them again soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had special time with loved ones.
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of you and Dad! I'm so glad you guys were together. And isn't it great having Marcie around? It made me happy to think of them with you:)

Love you!