Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to School

We started back to school today after a wonderful 3 week break. It was a great day for some! Not so great for others. Remember our new computer rules? It was hilarious today to hear them negotiating with each other...."are you going to play Webkinz today? If you are then I want to watch, but if you're going to play something else I want to save my watching time for later." Computer time worked very well today with no arguing. Yay! Of course it was reserved for only after all school work was done. That's pretty strong motivation for some around here.

In other exciting news, 5 year old C won a foosball game against 8 year old G! Go C!!!

It was warm enough to go outside today and we all took about a 45 minute walk after lunch. It was GREAT to get outside for a bit. The boys found several notched sticks that will make great slingshots or stands for cooking over a fireplace pit.

During our Christmas break A decided he wanted to start sitting on the potty. So that has become a several times a day thing. Every once in a while he actually goes, but mostly he likes to sit there for about 2 seconds and then say, "I want to try again later." Today he actually stayed dry during his entire nap!!!! So I was sure he really had to go when he got up. Despite 15 minutes of story time with his sissy while he sat there, the potty remained dry. Oh well. I have promised myself not to stress out about it. He'll learn sometime before he goes off to college! And I really, really, really love and appreciate my daughter!

2 comments:

votemom said...

my little people won't go in the potty chair but go almost every time i sit them on the toilet. what's up with that?

Anonymous said...

Oh that is funny!
Blessings,
Laurie