Friday, December 28, 2007

The Day After

Sometimes "the day after" is a bad thing.....like the day after everyone's been sick, or the day after all the children get to bed really late. But the day after Christmas is a really good thing! It's the day we can relax, spend the day in our jammies, and enjoy each other and all the new TOYS! With nowhere to go and nothing on the to-do list except stay at home and have fun. We got all the playdough out the morning after Christmas. Both A and C got new sets, and we created strange and interesting creatures all morning! Even yours truly made one (you can see me below, in all my "morning glory").



Son G and my hubby worked together on the marshmallow catapult kit he got.

Here it is, loaded up and ready for firing. It can shoot all the way across the room! The other kids had fun lying on the floor on the other side of the room and having G try to shoot baby marshmallows into their mouths.

Meanwhile, son L built his "golden guardian". It is quite formidable looking.

Yesterday I had a suspicious mole removed. It's on the back of my hand and I'm not supposed to get it wet for at least 24 hours. So my better half has been "forced" to do dishes for me! (I should have told him I have to keep it dry for a week!)
And I also threw away 5 pairs of C's pants that had holes in the knee too big to be repaired. I can't keep that boy in pants right now! Good thing we homeschool and he doesn't need a huge wardrobe.
We are getting ready for company today! Yay, I'm so excited! My dad is coming from clear across the country for a 4 day visit, along with he and my mom's "fourth daughter", Aunt Marcie. I can't wait to see them!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! I think you look great in your "morning glory"! Next time I come over I would love to have a marshmallow catapulted at me. yum. Praying for a good report (on the mole) and lots of great time spent with your company.

Anonymous said...

Go to Sears and buy your pants there. Their jeans are guaranteed for the time during that child is still in that size and the last time I was there, the salesman told me that they have a Land's End line that is guaranteed for the life of the pants, so they could go from G to C to L to A. You register and they keep records for you (I'm keeping my receipts, too). Haven't had to test them yet but I'm done with holes in the knees.

Anonymous said...

Had a bite of dinner last night with Mom and Dad just before dropping him off at the airporter! He's excited to see you all, and so is Marcie! She looks great.

Love you! Have fun!

Lona said...

I laughed out loud about the marshmallow launcher. Can we all come and live at your house?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun. Last week is a blur to me because I finally got sick. Enjoy your company!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

ok, you need to update. i want to see pix of grandpa!