Monday, October 29, 2007

The Weekend in Pictures

These pictures are mostly for the grandparents, but the rest of you get to enjoy them too. Lucky you!! The first one is me adding flax seeds to bread dough.

The bread loaves, beginning their hour long rise.


On Friday nights we usually alternate between movie night and game night, but this weekend we decided to have both! So on Friday night we watched "Princess Bride" which is one of our all time favorite movies, and on Saturday we had game night. We tried out a new game called Sneaks, which I purchased at a Simply Fun home party. It was great because the whole family could play it together and everyone had fun! It's often hard to find games that span all the ages of our kids, but this one worked great. There were several other games from this company that I put on my mental wish list. Check them out at: Simply Fun


L with the lego big wheel he made.



Teaching A how to play Gobblet Jr with C. This one is really fun for all ages too, but A and C are still learning the intricacies of strategy. :-)


My honey playing "National Geographic's Survival" with the older 3 kids.

After 2 weeks of near daily reading, we finally finished "Paddle to the Sea" this weekend. A wonderful book! The children loved following Paddle's journey from Lake Nipigon, north of Lake Superior, all the way to the Atlantic Ocean. And we all learned a lot about the Great Lakes.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can smell that bread all the way over here! LOL
Blessings,
Laurie

MarshaAnne said...

I'm so excited about your game recommendation. Each year on New Years Eve the children get a new pair of jammies and the family gets a new game. Last year we got UNO Attack which was (and still is) a huge hit. Ryan and I have been trying to come up with a game for this year but have had no luck. Finding a game that plays 6, is simple enough for my 2 little ones, but is not boring for the rest of us is not an easy challenge. I have to run it by Ryan, but I think I'm going to buy Sneaks. It looks great!

Got any other good suggestions?

Marsha (Sally's friend)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until we can have a family game night. We sort of can attempt it now but it's nothing like it will be in a couple of years. I have been thinking a lot about homeschooling. If Gibson's personality were like the second one, it would be no problem. Gibson likes the classroom atmosphere. We can talk later :)

Pam said...

Hi Marsha (friend of Sally)! It was so nice to see your name in my comments section. I think you will be very happy with the Sneaks game. It's a cross between an old card game called "Pit" and the game "Spoons". All the child has to do is find and keep 4 cards with the same number on them. The official age on the box says 6 and up, but our 5 year old had no problem with it at all. Had to help the 2 yo! I know we played a few others the night of the party that spanned a wide age range, so let me see if I can remember which ones they were and I'll let you know. I hope you and your family are doing well!

Lona said...

I love the pictures! What a great family...