Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Good to be Home!!

Yay! We are home! We had such a wonderful time, but it's grrrrREAT to be back in our own home with our own beds to sleep in. Even though we were sightseeing parts of every day during our trip, we also had times to just hang out at the condo or swim in the condo pool, which was really fun and relaxing. In this picture, my husband and our youngest are doing some snuggling.

Some things remain the same even when our location changes! Here our son G, our resident builder, is making an amazing lizard out of K'nex.
C and L goofing around with their new "hotch potch" dolls from Williamsburg. These dolls bend at all their joints enabling them to form every letter of the alphabet.

It was rather a loooong drive home. When we finally got to our midway point on Saturday night, it was 9:00 PM and the 2 year old hadn't had a nap all day. Need I say more? So in an effort to keep him entertained while waiting for our food, the menus became dancing people. Anything to comfort and distract a toddler!

Then he decided he wanted to try a lemon. Before.....


and after!


I'm so glad we could go on this unforgettable trip, AND I'm so glad to be home. Our children are all asleep in their own beds and I think I'm going to join them!

4 comments:

votemom said...

i had a great time going on vacation with you guys - thanks for including me!

p.s. the ride home didn't seem that bad to me ;o)

BlessingintheBattle said...

What a great trip--memories forever! I am so glad that you all had such a memorable time!

Anonymous said...

These pictures bring back soooooooo many memories! I don't know how you squeezed it all in one week!
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

It was fun to "go on vacation with you." Your descriptions were great, and it brought back many memories of our visit there 2 years ago. So glad you had such a good time!

IndyKaren