Friday, August 31, 2007

Today's little daily things

Today I:

Spent $324 at Sam's Club and $94 at Kroger.

Fed the 2yo a corn chips and cheese dip lunch while doing said shopping. Corn is a veggie, the chip part is a type of bread, the cheese counts for dairy, so that's 3 of the food groups, right?

Corrected the 3 older boys about 17 times while doing said shopping.

Took away 4 nickels because of the necessary correction while doing said shopping.

Put away $414 worth of groceries.

Baked bread.

Began contemplating the relationship between chest wall pain and stress.

Folded 6 loads of laundry.

Packed for 6 people to go away for the long weekend, while being thankful that our daughter can now pack her own things.

Realized (again!) how much work it is to get ready to go away.

Cancelled school.

Read books to the 2 year old.

Cleaned the kitchen. Twice.

Prayed popcorn prayers.

Left another message on someone's machine whom I'm desperately trying to get ahold of. Tried not to sound like a stalker.

Packed the van for our weekend trip to the cottage, our last big "hurrah" of the summer (followed closely by our first big hurrah of the fall - our upcoming trip to Jamestown and Williamsburg!).

Wondered if I should be concerned that when playing, one of my children always wants to be the bad guy.

Exercised in order to relieve all of the above stress.

Took a shower.


I think that's enough labor for one day, I plan to play the rest of the weekend! Have a great labor day weekend everyone!

3 comments:

BlessingintheBattle said...

WHEW! Just reading that made me tired! You are one busy momma!

Susanne Barrett said...

Oh, boy! What a day, Pam!

I pray that you have a restful (and I mean FULL of REST) weekend!

votemom said...

hope you all have a great time!