Saturday, August 25, 2007

Today's little daily things

Our 7 year old son L and I went out for breakfast this morning. Of all our children he is the one hardest for me to understand (at least so far!) so I relish every opportunity to know him better and connect with him. We talked about goals for second grade, had a really fun time and he loved his breakfast of french toast stix! He came home and told his dad he was "in heaven".

After this we picked up the rest of the family and went to Jungle Java for play time. Jungle Java is an indoor play facility for children with a coffee bar for the adults. My boys (even the 45 year old one) had a great time taking turns being the captive in the tubes and nets and letting the others rescue them. L was especially considerate of his 2 year old brother A, and we made a point of praising him for this.

We called our daughter at the cottage and she talked our ear off for half an hour. People at church would not believe this, but there is such a huge difference in her demeanor when she's with people she feels completely comfortable with.

I am re-reading a series of 3 books that I absolutely loved the first time. The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. She is one of my favorite christian fiction authors. I am nearly done with the second book, and got to read alot today. Yay!

There is a sippie cup with a quarter inch of juice fermenting inside lost somewhere in our house. I posted a .25 cent reward for information leading to its whereabouts, but so far no-one has claimed the reward.

Did I mention our daughter G is coming home tomorrow??!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's what a Jungle Java is! Glad for your good time with the kids! Loved your mention of picture posing holding up Balanced Rock! lol
Blessings,
Laurie