Monday, August 13, 2007

Today's little daily things

Our daughter G did 3 loads of laundry today almost by herself. Those of you with preschoolers, take heart! They will be good helpers one day! We are making use of those mesh lingerie bags, I put things in them that don't automatically go into the dryer. Today it was a shirt that had blood stains on it from a bloody nose. She checked it to make sure the stain was gone before throwing it into the dryer. She came to me all worried after starting the dryer because she had forgotton to throw a fabric softener sheet in and she didn't know how to turn the dryer off. So we went over that lesson. We also discovered a swim diaper that had gone through the wash. Fortunately it does not fall apart like a regular disposable diaper does!! I am hopeful that before long I can turn most of the laundry completely over to her.


Our 2 year old said "fortunately" today. He didn't use it correctly but his pronunciation was pretty good! One of his bedtime stories had a picture of a butterfly in it. He said, "I want to catch that butterfly when I go into the book." ??!!??


Our 7 year old son L finished another book today. That's his third one this summer. He is on the cusp of reading well and it's really exciting to watch!


A little girl in our neighborhood who has had trouble following the rules of our yard was very respectful to me this evening. Wow!! I had to tell her "no" and she said, "okay" without pouting or whining. I am so thankful.


Here is a dinosaur museum our children made out of legos this afternoon during quiet time. Everyone but the 2 year old worked together on it. Didn't they do a great job? You probably can't see too much detail, but they have teeth displays, and a workman is standing on a white ladder cleaning off the largest black dinosaur. Inside the building there is a ticket counter and a gift shop. I love how creative they can be.

To my sister D, our son G wants to be sure that your son N sees this, so please show him! Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed your blog while I was gone! I'm looking forward to catching up. That is really something special when the neighbor kids start to pick up good manners!
Blessings,
Laurie from TLT

votemom said...

that's a great idea about using the lingerie bag to put things in with stains. i always forget and put everything in the dryer! i'm going to have to implement that idea here at our house!