Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Today's little daily things

This morning I overheard our 7 year old son L speaking earnestly to our 5 year old son C (who was very upset with his younger 2 year old brother): "Don't let the anger in! You have to keep it out. Don't let it in!" This made me smile. L has struggled with his own anger management issues, but apparently he has internalized some of our admonishments. (though for clarification let me add that I don't remember ever saying those exact words to him! We are trying to teach him the difference between feeling angry and acting on his anger).


I was surfing through a bunch of photos on our computer and when I stopped on a jetski picture from last weekend our 2 year old son smiled at me and said "thank you mommy."


I had a long delayed but desperately needed face to face encounter with the mother of a neighbor girl who has been ignoring the rules of our yard. How I had been dreading it, but it went very well!!


We get to take dinner tonight to a family who had a new baby. I love new babies!!


My husband and I are going out tonight for the first time in about 4 months!!!! Yippee!! Grandmas rock!!

2 comments:

votemom said...

P spent at least an hour yesterday afternoon recounting the dynamics and events at the C. home. he and i were laughing and laughing.

"s" came up in the discussion, of course. and at one point he said, "i don't know what i'd do without G - she's amaaaaazing."

apparently G intervened in some sort of discussion P was having with "s".

today he is b-sitting for 6 kids (2 families combined). i told him not to worry because there was a firstborn female in the mix!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of catching up on your blogs and just had to stop and say well done on the face to face encounter (assuming it is the one we were discussing). I'm anxious to hear all about it but am glad in the meantime that it went very well!!

Hope your date night was a spectacular one!