Monday, August 20, 2007

My "little" boys

By "little" I would be referring to the two youngest ones. A is 2 and C is 5. C would not consider himself "little" but you know what I mean.....

C had a hard day today. I have seen it coming for 2 days and tried to ward it off at the pass this morning by spending lots of time with him, cuddling and reading, but apparently it wasn't enough. He has taken on the job of correcting his younger brother at every. possible. opportunity. In a very loud voice. Think shouting. When he perceives that he's been wronged the shouting turns into wailing "ma, ma, ma, ma" over and over. Kindof like a 2 year old!

Speaking of the 2 year old, he decided not to sleep during his nap time this afternoon. When I went upstairs to get him, I found him sitting in a pile of tape that he'd pulled out of all the cassettes in his room. I was able to salvage all but one. And thankfully the CD's were still all in one piece! Note to self: the third shelf up is not high enough.

I am going to have to make a concerted effort to fill their emotional tanks every day and not let them get lost in the shuffle of their older siblings' school. Getting ready for school has been a focus for me this summer, but I need to remember that implementing school is a lot more than the maps I've copied, the new workbooks that are sitting in their school cubbies, and the great literature waiting on the shelf. It's loving, training, and spending time with those littlest "students" who are not yet officially in school. Lord, help me to be a wise and discerning mom, as well as a wise and discerning teacher. Without You I would fail miserably, with You I am more than a conqueror!

3 comments:

votemom said...

note to self: move the box of cassette tapes that are on the floor of the girls' closet.

BlessingintheBattle said...

sounds. like. a. monday. at. your. house. too.

Anonymous said...

I remember those days....hmmm still have them in a way. If I don't help my kids fill their day, they have a way of being a little too creative. Praying in agreement with you...
Blessings,
Laurie