Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mother Daughter Date!

Our daughter left this afternoon to spend 4 days at the cottage with Grandma. I miss her already! She is such a joy to me and is so much fun. I'm glad that she has this opportunity to spend time with her Grandma though, and to have some special alone time at the cottage. When you are the oldest of five those times are extra special.

This morning before she left we were able to go out on a girl date. I left the boys at home with their favorite sitter and G and I headed out to a craft and antique mall. It's so much fun to window shop with our daughter! I love seeing what she likes and what she thinks is cute. I got several ideas for stocking stuffers. :-) She is interested in so many things and that makes her an interesting person. I already can't wait until she comes home!

Now I have to think of a few fun things to do with my boys while G is gone. Money is limited and it's extremely hot outside these days (read that: I don't really want to be out).....any ideas?? I do have a gift certificate to Jungle Java, maybe we'll check that out. It's our last weekend to "fling" before school starts on Monday! My husband and I are "flinging" every evening after the kids are in bed by watching "24" DVD's of season two. We started watching this show halfway through season 4 and so are we checking out past seasons from the library and trying to get caught up. I do love that show! Frivolous I know, but there you have it.

6 comments:

votemom said...

have you taken your boys to the mcclumpha park sprayscape? maybe you could stop for an ice cream cone on the way home.... or at CVS and let them each choose a candy bar to eat after dinner.

enjoy the time with your boys...

give P a call if you'd like to take them somewhere and could use extra hands. he's glad to help out and would be happy to do it at no charge. (it's true, he would!)

votemom said...

p.s. who is watching the boys tomorrow while you go to your appointment??

Anonymous said...

JJ is fun but not ideal for spending time "with" the kids other than maybe A or unless your willing to travel the tunnels with them (which by the way is a blast, esp. the slide!!)

I like S's ideas. I have a ton of outdoor ideas but understand the heat concerns.

Some of our favorites are buying unfinished ceramics (craft aisle) at the $1 store and painting them at home; a driving tour of the big buildings downtown (there is an awesome "waterfall" in the Compuware bldg and a Hard Rock Cafe inside too for shakes,pop,etc.); a treasure hunt at the mall;

Boy this is a hard one!

Pam said...

Votemom:

Thanks for the offer of your P! I'll let you know. We have been to the sprayscape, but that is an excellent idea for a hot day. Thank you!

B will work from home tomorrow morning so he can watch the kids while I am at my appt.

I have arranged to take L out for breakfast on Saturday. He is very excited, and has already asked if he can have a strawberry shake for breakfast!

Pam said...

To targetshopper:

Thanks for the great ideas! My boys love crafts (believe it or not) so the ceramic idea is a great one.

I am not keen on climbing with the kids through tubes, but I suppose I could get the mommy of the year award if I did!

Anonymous said...

I read this quickly yesterday before running off to start dinner on a busy day. I thought to myself, "Too bad she's not in Colorado Springs so I could recommend AIO!" Then later I got a quick peak at your comments at my blog and I had to LOL! Well, I have no idea what a Jungle Java or Java Jungle is...what was that? Sounds like a place to drink coffee while surrounded by a jungle. And to take young boys to drink coffee...hmmmm. You might need to go and blog about that and educate me a little! lol
Blesssings,
Laurie