Monday, July 23, 2007

Baking Day

Here is the "fruit" of several hours worth of baking. Banana muffins, zucchini bread (in foreground - 3 loaves), whole wheat bread (in back - 3 loaves), and a braided stuffed sandwich for supper. I have been baking all our bread for over 3 years now and I really enjoy it! No, I am not supermom or susie homemaker or any of those other labels that we'd all like to be but are painfully aware we are not! Our family has benefitted greatly from the health benefits of eating homemade bread made from freshly ground whole wheat flour, so that's why I do it. That, and I am slightly compulsive! I just cannot bear to throw ripe bananas away, so I end up baking them into muffins or bread once or twice a week. We just can't seem to eat all of them quite fast enough (maybe I shouldn't buy so many?). Anyone want to guess how long these baked goods will last in our house?

3 comments:

Lona said...

Wow, Pam! The fruit of your hands is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Your family is so blessed...

Beth said...

But if you didn't buy so many bananas, then you wouldn't have any yummy banana bread to enjoy!!
I saw your note on the TLT list and came over to check out your blog. Very nice. I also have 5 children and enjoy baking. I am intrigued by the idea of grinding my own wheat ~ I'm afraid my husband would think I had lost my ming...since I already am busy with so many things. Could you share some of the specific health benefits that your family sees from grinding your own grain and baking your own bread?
<><
Beth
www.nclighthousekeeper.blogspot.com

Beth said...

okay, that should have been "mind", not "ming"...

Beth